Monday, October 02, 2006

 

First Look: Kubuntu Edgy Eft Beta

I'm breaking with tradition at Tectonic. We usually review Ubuntu, the Gnome desktop version from the Canonical/Ubuntu team that brought us winning operating systems like Warty Warthog, Hoary Hedgehog, and Breezy Badger. And, according to my last review, a loser like Dapper Drake. This time I'm reviewing Kubuntu Edgy Eft, the KDE version of the latest Ubuntu release.

I came down hard on Dapper Drake - and received much ire from the community because of it - simply because it was aimed at the corporate market. I felt (and still feel) that it didn't have the polish to really go up against the likes of Suse and Microsoft for the big-spend, big-rollout environments.

Read the full article here

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?